Last quarter I wanted to make a comic. It was a good thing that I did because it helped my teachers and myself assess what areas of crafting comics that I need to work on. The biggest one after I got a lot of good critiques was to work on my word balloons and placement so the space is economic and doesn't cover any important information. Bad balloon placement is partly due to my lack of nailing down a script at the beginning. Coming from an animation background I never had to worry about word balloons and treated pages like storyboards, which is fine of course until the word balloons are put in as an afterthought. That's when things start getting muddy and clarity can start going out the window. As my friend Missy would say if you fail to plan, plan to fail.