Thursday, May 7, 2009

Firefly Animation


This is a animation that I just completed. As with the previous animations I learned a lot. For example one thing that I noticed when I first captured the animation is that it felt 'off'. After fiddling with it and getting some opinions from my friends we concluded that the timing was too even and kind of bland out the animation. So made some tweaks and got it looking a little better.

So how do I get better at my timing? Thankfully after watching Animation Mentor's Tips and Tricks I was like 'Oh, yeah I should probably start doing video reference and invest in a stop watch'. Duh!! I used to do it when I was in college, but got out of the good habit. I was getting too worried about the quality of the drawing that I forgot about the animation. Better not make that mistake again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Robin! That looks Great! I don't know what you're talking about with the timing, I think it's fantastic! And your character model is spot on... Kudos!

    ReplyDelete